I’ll try to make this tutorial on How To Install Texture Packs for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition as fast as possible! In fact, this will be pretty fast. The best thing on this is that everytime you download a texture pack it is in .mcpack format and I will show you why this is a huge benefit for us.
Let’s Install Texture Packs for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!
1. First off, you should go to my section on this website about Texture Packs. In there, find the best pack for you and download it. Take it from the Downloads folder and drop it on the desktop.
2. If it’s in .ZIP or .RAR format then simply right-click on the file and choose “Extract”. I’m using Starswept 16x Pack. (Download this for .RAR)
3. There are two ways now, if you can open the file in Minecraft, double-click on that please and let it import. If you can’t do that, please copy this command:
- C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\resource_packs
Press Windows Key + R and paste in this command. Make sure you replace “YOUR USERNAME” with your actual name on your computer!
4. You should see a folder called “Resource_packs” in there. If you can’t see it, simply create a new one.
5. Paste in the Texture Pack folder (In my case it is Starswept 16x Pack)
6. Open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Go to settings -> Global Resources. Find “Starswept 16x” in there. There are all the texture packs you have ever installed (if you didnt uninstall)
This is everything about this tutorial on How To Install Texture Packs for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Just activate the pack and go to the singleplayer and enjoy playing your map with a new amazing pack!